Erectile dysfunction is an inability to get and maintain a penile erection for sexual activities. While several couples are concerned about the treatment for erectile dysfunction, it is important to understand the causes and risk factors associated with this disorder to pursue better management.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
Sexual arousal in males is a complex process. Age and mental health concerns can necessarily cause/worsen erectile dysfunction. At times, a combination of physical and psychological conditions causes erectile dysfunction.
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by some health ailments or tissue injury. Common physical causes of erectile dysfunction include:
• Cardiovascular ailments
• Metabolic disorders
• Neurodegenerative disorders
• Certain prescription medicines
• Smoking and alcohol abuse
• Peyronie’s disease – scar tissue inside the penis
• Sleep disorders
• Hormonal imbalance
• Surgical treatments for prostrate ailments
The brain plays a key role in initiating sexual urges leading to penile erection in males. Several factors can interfere with the trigger of a sexual feeling, leading to limiting penile erection. The common psychological causes of erectile dysfunction include:
• Depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
• Relationship problems due to poor communication
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
The first step should be the treatment concerning underlying health problems before erectile dysfunction cure. The treatment regime will depend on the cause and severity of erectile dysfunction and other health conditions. Let us have a quick look at the available treatments:
Common oral medications in case of treatment for erectile dysfunction include sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis), Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn), and Avanafil (Stendra). These medications help in relaxing muscles of the penis and allow better blood flow to get a better response of erection during sexual stimulation. These medications amplify the chemical signals during sexual stimulation, allowing erection and better penile function during sexual acts. Oral erectile dysfunction medications should not be considered aphrodisiacs and are not needed for people who get normal erections. The possible side effects of these medications include flushing, headache, nasal congestion, visual problems, backache, and stomach ailments. Before considering any drug or over-the-counter medical supplements, get approval from the doctor.
People having erectile dysfunction due to low levels of the hormone testosterone, might be recommended testosterone replacement therapy as the first step or in combination with other therapies.
Penis Pumps and Implants
For the treatment of erectile dysfunction, doctors might recommend a more mechanical approach in terms of:
• Penis pumps – A penis pump is a vacuum erection device with a battery-powered pump. The pump is used to suck out the air inside the tube after putting it. The vacuum helps in enhanced blood circulation in the penis. A tension ring is generally used around the base of the penis to hold in the blood for retaining an erection. A possible side effect is the bruising of the penis and ejaculation will be restricted by the band.
• Penile implants – This is a surgical treatment involving the placement of devices into both penile sides. The devices are either inflatable or malleable rods. Penile implants are usually not recommended until the doctor finds other treatment methods futile. The treatment holds a certain risk of surgical complications like infections.
Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
Alternative therapies like stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction have claimed their usefulness in the case of erectile dysfunction patients with additional health complications. stem cell therapy with mesenchymal stem cells has shown improvements in hormonal levels and penile tissue regeneration/repair (in case of a mechanical injury of the penile regions). The advantage of exploring autologous stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction cure is the lack of side effects due to the safety and natural therapeutic factors. If you are looking for free medical consultation, you can contact email@example.com for knowing more about erectile dysfunction and its treatment.