The multi-dimensionality of stem cells has made them the biggest potential candidate for regenerative medicine. The basic advantage of stem cells is their ability to transform into different cell lineages for promoting tissue regeneration and the technology has been widely researched for bone regeneration, cancer treatment, anti-ageing treatment, body organ transplantation.
With such a great amount of research, it is inevitable that there ought to be a great deal of discussions all over the social media, starting from experts to passionate research scholars who try to keep the world updated with all recent stem cell research and trials. The greatest social media channel in recent times is Twitter and a lot of important professional personalities do come up often on this platform to keep up with the industry trends. Now what does stem cell research has to do with Twitter? Right?
Reaching out to a huge number of common people regarding stem cell research benefits and pitfalls is very much possible on this platform which takes away the ‘right to academia’ from the elite class and presents it to the social mass. This further helps the scientists to interact and discuss with other academicians regarding their interests, discoveries, research challenges etc. and brings out the whole picture in front of interested people widespread on the social media platform. There arethousands and thousands of stem cell research followers and tweets by reputed stem cell labs and research organizations, and we bring you a list of the top 10!
- @CCRM_ca– If you are looking for an informative Twitter feed from Canada with videos, business blogs, regenerative medicine news regarding Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine, this is it!
- @harvardstemcell– Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) is one of the largest stem cell research institutes of the worldand is making an intensive effort to steadily highlight the successes through this Twitter feed.
- @CIRMnews– This twitter account of California based stem cell research funding agency talks about stem cell treatment experimentsand moral responsibility. Their feed is based on updates, alerts and archived stem cell research works.
- @nyscf– New York’s Stem Cell Foundation twitter handle features videos, webinars invites and updates from the NYSCF’s daily happenings. The Twitter feed is instrumental in portraying the insights from professional NYSCF research scholars.
- @RegMedNet– This twitter handle is sort of an acronym for Regenerative Medicine Network and posts regular updates of conferences, webinars, publications, and commentaries from researchers in the field of stem cells, across US and Europe.
- @WSCSummit– World Stem Cell Summit is a non-profit organization involved with stem cell research and funding, and this twitter handle remains a great choice for academicians and stem cell researchers to stay updated with global stem cell related news.
- @StemCellTracker– The stem cell tracker twitter gives aquite interesting repertoire of stem cell information with news updates on stem cell research from industrial and academic domains.
- @CellStemCell– The only twitter account of the highest rated stem cell journal is one of the best choice for checking stem cell research trends and knowing the different groundbreaking research articles.
- @StemCellPodcast– This is an amazing venture by a public news service that informs people regarding the pursuit of stem cell scientists through their blogs, interviews and research works.
- @pknoepfler– Talking about blogs, stem cell researchers are obviously well aware of The Niche by Paul Knoepfler and this is his twitter handle. Professor Knoepfler’s twitter is more about his life interests and propagating research worldwide.
As research technologies are developing, so is the mode of scientific communication through social media. Being a good communicator helps one better in developing their research expertise and spreading more research enthusiasm to the upcoming scientists.