Cerebral Palsy is one of the most common childhood- disabilities directly hampering neurological functions and is hard to cure. The disorder mainly involves activity limitations, leading to restricted social fittings; mainly due to poor communications, developmental issue as well as physical and emotional disability. As social interaction is mainly associated with proper communication with a palsy child, it usually makes it difficult to mingle socially without poor expressions of his feelings and gestures.
The common social stigma that may affect your child’s emotional well being may include:
- Poor controls on tongue as well as mouth muscles to affect speech
- Difficulty in expressing feelings as well as emotions and hence others are unable to understand the child better.
- Hearing loss and/or visual problems may hamper child’s ability to understand social theme more.
- Attention as well as behavioral challenges
- Left out feeling and/or complete exclusion from social activities or being separated from others.
- Relatively low emotional quotients such as anxiety, shyness, emotional connectivity, frustrations, sadness, depressions, etc.
Cerebral palsy is a kind of neurological disorder involving neural degeneration of brain initiating major functional loss. Apart from experiencing physical limitations, kids with cerebral palsy can experience other psychosocial limitations such as, social anxiety, relationship problems, mood swings, depression as well as attention deficit. Although, as oppose to conventional treatment, wherein effective medical technology is lacking; stem cells and their application in restoring damaged brain function along with some rehabilitation approach has evidently been identified as effectively supporting emotional as well as physical well being of a child.
Accordingly, supporting positive interaction of a CP kid can be immensely important, whether within the family sphere, friend circle or at workplace. Research has suggested that promoting positive interaction through various supportive therapies, along with stem cells therapy has helped prominently to those children to develop friendships to decrease the sense of loneliness, stress and isolation that a child may be experiencing.
The goal is to build child’s emotional quotient to a great extent, to enhance the effect of other medications and overall improve his/her psychosocial strength. Some of the easy targets can be:
- Developing self experience in children and teaching practical issues to them through self experience.
- Encouraging positive social interaction amongst many kids to promote healthy relationship.
- Helping children develop great confidence to create sustainable social environment for their overall well being.
- Eliminating physical as well as psychosocial barriers among kids
- Helping them to realize benefits and joy of interaction.
Some of the activities that have to be incorporated in promoting
- Passive as well as active communication
- Pictorial modeling
- Experienced guidance from others
- Positive reinforcements
- Group stimulations
These incorporations can help construct children learn important benefits of self confidence and positive interaction with other people. Some of the other constructive activities developed in promoting social interactions can be
- Positive conversation in small and large groups
- One to one interaction
- Sports, activities as well as pictorial description
- Encourage group activity and improvisational exercises
- Exercise to promote verbal as well as non verbal, physical cues
It is most important to communicate and socialize with any child whether or not disabled. Emotions generally get in the way of communicating, leading to social problems with CP. Everyone wants to feel like they fit in, and being unable to do anything can make some people feel self conscious or left out. And the fact is that people with CP want to feel welcome always.
Along with emotional well being, with the help of stem cells therapy it is now possible to restore the lost brain function back to a great extent. The therapy has evidently observed to be helpful for many children suffering with CP to be mentally alert and physically independent. With the regenerative potential of stem cells, Advancells has successfully treated more than 100 patients to gain better quality of life.
A total of 116 patients suffering from cerebral palsy went under treatment at Advancells. Clinical improvements in 66.4% of the patients were observed. The benefits that were effectively exhibited by children after stem cells therapy are improved motor functioning along with decreased spasm problems and a resultant improvement in the ability to sit, stand and walk. It was observed that the treatment augmented posture stability and mental functioning leading to better communication.