Stem cell therapy, also known as Regenerative medicine. It promotes the reparative response of diseased, dead or injured tissue using stem cells. The basic process of stem cell therapy can be understood by the following process the doctors take out bone marrow and/or adipose tissue and process the stem cells in a lab.
Cell therapies are being referred to be as the transplantation of cellular material with tremendous biological activities that can cause desired effect in humans. The importance of cellular therapy for clinical implementation has been evaluated through various studies and investigations; further specifying its success in increasing functional attributes of degenerating tissue, improving overall health and ultimately demonstrating improved quality of life for patients suffering with various degenerative ailments.
Cellular therapy is a central dogma of regenerative medicine that has gained growing attention both from the scientific as well as medical communities. Out of many known medical benefits of cellular therapies, regeneration, as well as repair, are the two most important ones; for it to be pinpointed as the advanced alternative form of modern medicine. It can reverse the process of cellular aging through their regeneration as well as repair; leading to relieving or addressing chronic conditions.
Stem cell treatment generally utilizes adult mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow or adipose tissues for the treatment of tissue deteriorating diseases. Stem cells are extracted from the patient’s body and after processing, are re-infused in the patient’s body through intravenous or site-specific procedures. The general advantages of stem cell treatment are minimal risk, recovery time, and worry.
5 Benefits of Stem Cells Therapy
- Surgery can be avoided and therefore, stem cell therapy limits the risks and complications that come along with it. This therapy is minimally invasive and doesn’t cause significant pain during the procedure.
- Post-procedural recovery time for stem cell treatment is minimal and thus doesn’t pester the patient much during recovery of the injury.
- No use of general anesthesia during the stem cell therapy is another plus point as using anesthesia at times makes the patient anxious and worrisome with related risks.
- No risk of rejection and graft vs host diseases is ensured by autologous stem cell treatment in which the patient’s own stem cells are extracted and used for the process.
- Autologous stem cell treatment also ensures no risk of communicable disease transmission as the cells in use are the patient’s own cells.
Stem cell treatment or therapy is an advanced treatment, for which India has become a popular destination of choice nowadays. This may be because of the high affordability; which means, the stem cell treatment cost would be reduced around 25% of what it would cost in any part of the western world. While the cost is highly variable factor mostly depending upon treatment possibility, quality and the quantity of the stem cells, offered the type of stem cells used for the therapy as well as the overhead cost of the treatment. It should be noted that the treatment that is being offered in India is quite advanced with the variable cost of therapy; depending upon the type of treatment.
How Long Does It Take For Stem Cell Treatment To Work?
Although, Stem Cell Treatment is the current most effective, natural treatment module for various types of degenerative diseases; the extent of effective treatment outcome depends upon other factors like age of the patient, disease severity, previous treatment undergone, immune profile etc. Evidences post investigations have proven that no one can predict any specific time to see visible improvement, post stem cell treatment. It has been indicated that number of patients have shown improvements during the interval of 3 months to 1-year post stem cell therapy. Thus, it is very exciting to see faster improvement in patients; the stem cell therapy may have mixed impacts on patients.